- What is 3D Printing?
- Wikipedia’s article on 3D Printing
- The 3rd Industrial Revolution
- An interview with Bre Pettis, CEO of makerbot
- 3D printer costs continue to lower
Popular Lower Cost Makers
3D Printing Examples & Marketplaces
Kids & 3D Printers
- Downloading Physical Objects
- “What does Riley most want to print right now? ‘Another 3D printer,’ he said.”
- 3D Printing at Home
- Concept uses the simple online 3D modeler “3DTin” for creating models. 3DTin is implemented with WebGL.
- Guerrilla guide to CNC machining, moldmaking, and resin casting by Michal Zalewski
- (Not 3D additive specific, but still some of most useful non cursory information on fabrication I’ve come across. I keep thinking additive 3D printing could be very useful for creating the molds for more robust part fabrication.)