Weekly Random: #47
- Is Junk Food Really Cheaper?
- Good article. Resulting comments are pointed and hint at more underlying issues though, real and perceived.
- Great tweet on the comments from B. Weiser, a friend of mine: “NYT readers are savvy group. Read some comments. I think some missed the message b/c they were too busy formulating counter argument.”
- Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks
- Cool song. Stuck in my head for days.
- Discussing this song in Rolling Stone, Foster said: “I was trying to get inside the head of an isolated, psychotic kid. It’s a fuck you song to hipsters, in a way — but it’s a song the hipsters are going to want to dance to.“
More James Altucher
- Who Are Your Friends
- From Porn Star to Painter
- The Ten Commandments of James’ism
- Not my favorite post, but I liked this: “Think about it, when you say you want to have more money, why is that? You may answer that you want it so that you would be able to travel some more, or have more time for your children. And why is that? You may say because then you would see the world and write that novel you always wanted to write, or teach your kid to throw ball. And why is that? And you may say, because then I will be happy. So why not go for “happy” in the first place? Why the long route when there is a shortcut? Certainly money buys some degree of freedom. So getting more money is a reasonable goal. And we’ll get it. But let’s cut out as many intermediaries to happiness as possible.“
- Threesomes, Success, and More
- Also not a favorite post, and yet I really liked this: “Note: I had no experience making websites, no experience in TV, no experience in trading, and no experience in writing for financial media. But I did it anyway. Nobody was going to tell me not to. I would not have listened“.
- “We’re being attacked for what we do in the Islamic world, not for who we are or what we believe in or how we live.”
–Michael Scheuer, former Chief of the CIA’s Osama bin Laden Unit
This entry was posted in Random
. Bookmark the permalink